- Every day this week, you should do sketches of various objects in your house e.g. chairs, mugs, vases, flowers, etc.
- Create a primitive cylinder √, sphere √ and cube √
- Use modifiers to bend √, twist √, taper and scale √ them.
- Increase subdivision-level as necessary √
Goal: To become familiar with the tools used to modify geometry
- Create a primitive cylinder and 2 spheres.
- Merge the spheres to either end of the cylinder to create a dumbbell-like object.
Goal: To become familiar with the tools used to delete and weld polygons together, thus creating a new object.
- Create a primitive plane with a 10 by 10 subdivision width and height.
- Deform the center of the plane to create a conical hill shape as shown in the diagram from “topology”.
- Now add and delete edges so as to create neat topographical edge flow.
Goal: To become familiar with the tools used to manipulate edge flow as well as learning to understand the concept of edge flow.
Use the lathe tool (or your software’s equivalent) to create a vase, a hat, and a wine bottle..
Goal: To become familiar with the advanced tools used to create objects.